Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Primary today


What motivated me today to start my yoga practice?
1. I remembered how great it feels to cross out another day in my calender when my practice is over. This is done now and it was satisfying.
2. I watched a movie on omstars, Kino's yoga channel. The 20 minutes tutorial on vinyasas inspired me. I started my practice afterwards.

Yoga can help to get to know yourself when you observe your behavior. I know that documenting actions motivates me also in other areas of my life. It's the same with all the learning tutorials that are available these days. They can give the last kick.

After this movie by Kino I wanted to practice all the vinyasas. I think that the vinyasas make Ashtanga to what it is. This is the specialty of this style of yoga. I got so weak in the last 2 years that it was a great effort just to do them. I couldn't hold chaturanga dandasana. I landed on my belly and rested a fracture of a second before I moved into upward facing dog. But I'm already strong enough to do them. Rome wasn't build in one day. The same is true for my muscles. They need time to grow and to get stronger.

Every practice is a tiny step in the direction. I'll regain the poses only when I practice. Thinking of them is not enough.

I always think of the quote by?????
If you think you can, you're right.
If you think you can't, you're right, too.

I can. I can. I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A